Monday, October 27, 2008

Behind the glass

From behind the glass I look on...
Questioning whether it is a glass or some torturous twisted mirror...
A mirror that conveys what I could be...
Conveys perhaps what I would be if I were different...
Like some mad dream of twisted reality where things are similar yet not...
These feelings I felt long ago come rushing back back like a wave...
Returning to finish what it started...
Yet different now...
You see the wave appears to be coming right for all I love...
When before the wave charted a different course crashing around me...
Yet not touching what I called mine...
Now I see the wave unsure in which way it is heading...
although I sense it coming for what I love...
Scared I wonder if I am so much less that this wave will...
Take these things...
Leaving me once again with nothing...
Why is it that I am so afraid of this wave...
For it is a wave and I am something completely different...
No matter how alike we seem it will be what it is and I will be what I am...
That which is mine will stay mine...
That which is his will be his...
I am afraid over nothing...
Once again making a mountain out of a mole hill...
When perhaps I should be realizing how much I have to grow...
To realize that these things I should let go...
And focus on the one who matters...
To stop being a greedy child...
and become a selfless servant...
As He would have me to be.

1 comment:

John Davis said...

Reminds me of a mewithoutYou song. Goes something like this, "If I could become the servant of all! With no lower place to fall." I like that song, and the ending reminded me of it. Because if we really could just be His servant that'd be stupendous.