Thursday, October 23, 2008

The darkness rises

I scream in discontent!

I wreath in my own thoughts

I am cleaved in twain!

How is such a tearing thing possible?

How can one be so discontented over such trivial things?

How is it that I am unable to pass by these emotions?

What power have I given these emotions that they may tear me apart the way they do?

Oh great trivial torment will you not leave me be?

Will you not depart from me so that I may function

So that I may be whole again

What is your intent in showing your great power over me?

What sensation do you derive from my anguish?

Why must I suffer through this?

What demon are you that you make me this way

That you warp my thoughts and the very core of what I am?

Oh powerful, dreadful, evil being leave me

Leave me so that I may recover

Recover from this tormenting nightmare that I never could have fathomed

Restore to me the state I once was

The being I know myself to be

Not this hideous creature I do not recognize

I need not your changes

I need not this what I have become

I need not this dark elixir you have given me

I need not any part of you!



7 comments:

John Davis said...

Whatever that is that is tormenting you, makes me scared. He sounds scary. :(

(Jesus could beat it in a one on one sparing match though. That I do not doubt.)

Poems of Long Ago said...

this is intense. so much
force towards the anger.
very emotional. i like it.you've written it very well.

Poems of Long Ago said...

i 2nd john davis. as well, btw.

Adam Hale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam Hale said...

i think screwtape idea is real but God is real aswell
and like davis said Jesus can win if you let it. Jesus is OP

Kenneth Alexander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SomedaySylas said...

ahem "What power have I given these emotions that they may tear me apart the way they do?"