Monday, October 13, 2008

What Change?

Perhaps it is time to grow up...
Perhaps it is time for me to move on...
Perhaps it is time for me to cut my...
Who was I kidding when I grew it out...
Perhaps it is time to hang up my 6 string for good...
Who was I kidding when I thought I could play...
Perhaps it is time to stop...
Who was I kidding when I thought I could change...
I kidded myself into thinking those things were a change...
I'm still the same...
Standing in the same spot I was long ago looking ahead and wondering why I am so far behind as I watch them get further and further away...
Still the same kid who wanted change...

2 comments:

Adam Hale said...

you can play guitar
you should start playing for church eh?

who says where you are is bad,
where do you want to be?

Kenneth Alexander said...

You'll never change on your own accord.

If you aren't reading God's word everyday don't expect to change much.

And if you are reading it everyday, then only read it more.

I never knew what life could be until I let God do the changing. easier said then done, but so worth it.